Nowadays, the use of technology is everywhere. One of these devices that many people are now using is the cellphone. Cellphone has a primary function and benefits to everyone, that’s why it becomes more popular as time goes by.
What is Cellphone? This is the question that some people ask themselves even if they are already using this device for a long time.
A cellphone is a device that is used for electronic telecommunications. Cellphones are connected to wireless communications via the satellite transmissions and radio wave. Most of the mobile phones provide services like multimedia and short media message, voice communications. In fact, today most of the newer phones can already provide internet services such as e-mail and web browsing.
How does Cellphone Works?
Mobile phones are wireless. This means that they are not connected to any electrical line. The best way to help you understand how it works is to look on your radio. Radios transmit through a frequency. It has AM and FM frequencies. This is the same with cellphones, which also rely on a radio for it to work.
Federal Communications Commission of the United States regulates the amount of radio frequency transmission that is allowed to be used by mobile phone at one time. Mobile phones use and connect in towers. It means that in one tower, it will be regulated thousands of phone calls at one time will be enough for one specific place, and this problem resulted to the creation of more cellphone towers.
The amount of mobile phones that are needed in each town or city depends on its demand. It means that the more populated a city or town has, the more numbers of users of cellphones there will be. In small areas, it may only have one cellphone tower but in a large city, it is preferred to have for more number of towers.
Your cellular phone comes in sets of bars. These bars will tell you the power of your mobile phone to make a call. Basically, if the bars seem to be low it means that it is far from the cell tower. Then, if it is high, then your cellphone will receive an excellent reception from the cell tower.
Your mobile phone actually passes from one cell tower to the next tower. As you are driving or going somewhere else, your mobile phone will automatically connect immediately to the cell tower that gives the highest and strongest signal. You will not even notice that this happens and your phone call will continue as it normal.
Each cell tower has numbers of channel, therefore increasing the number of mobile phone users that will come to the cell tower. In fact, there are over thousands of channels. Again, your cellphones use radio frequency, that’s why users must be aware that anyone can get on the same channel, which may lead to the possibility to hear your phone conversation. Sometimes, it accidentally happens and not on purpose. So, you have to understand how your Cellphone works so that you have also an idea behind this device.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Cellphone?
Today, there is no secret that mobile phones are used everywhere of all ages. It seems like everyone is likely to use this device even if it is not a fancy new model. Here are the lists of advantages of using mobile phones.
- Communicating with family, friends and other people. This advantage is pretty much obvious since with cellphone you can be able to make calls while you are on the go. In fact, almost everyone owns a cellphone and bring their phones at all times to get in touch with people 24/7. With the use of mobile phone, you can easily connect with your love ones without any problem and help you to call in case of emergency.
- Constant access to the internet. Today, cellphones can easily connect to the internet, that’s why there is no need for you to go on the internet and find what you are looking for. With this, in one top of your fingertips on your phone, you can now find the information that you need.
- No need for landline telephone. You do not have to use both Cellphone and landline. The plans Cellphones are getting cheaper that it cost less than the rates of landline. In this way, you can save the cost of for your monthly payment for your landline because of the use of Cellphone as your primary line.
- Added convenience. Even go to the grocery store forget your shopping list? A fast call home using your Cellphone can answer your problem. With the use of Cellphone, you can easily call anyone anytime and anywhere.
- Decrease in Privacy. Every time you have a Cellphone to use, it could ring and might interrupt what you are doing. While it is safer that you have your phone when you are away from your family or home, that also leaves you call from them that know your phone number. Sometimes the use of Cellphone leads to some people to feel like they don’t have privacy than before.
- Higher possibility of problems and accidents. Today, many causes of road accidents are because of using Cellphones. For instance, if you are texting or talking to someone using your cellular phone while you are driving, you are more likely to be near in car accident. Cellular phones may cause distraction, despite of imposed laws related to using Cellphone while driving; many people find it almost impossible to do.
Cellphones have brought new age of modern technology and make life more easy and convenient in terms of communication and the benefits that people might get in using this device in their everyday living. People must understand the nature of Cellphones and the effects that it will bring to their life. There is no problem in using Cellphones, what is important is you know how to use it responsibly and how you can able to make better without any problem of using this.